Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tortilla Soup

Submitted by Carla Winter
As you can see I follow the original recipe VERY loosely :) so I'm sure you could put whatever in there.

Ingredients
4 cooked and shredded chicken breast
1 garlic clove
A slice of butter
2 -14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth
2-14.5 ounce cans of chopped stewed tomatoes
1 cup of salsa
.5 cup of chopped cilantro
1 T or more of cumin
1-2 cans of black beans
.5 bag-1 bag of corn

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours (or I've done high for 3-4).
Serve with crushed chips, sour cream and cheese.
*I've literally thrown in all kinds of stuff like celery or whatever.  I think last time I had 3-4 different jars opened of different kinds of salsa, verde sauce...and I just dumped them all in there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment