Saturday, July 16, 2011

Flour's Famous Banana Bread

Submitted by Stefanie Moore

This is delish! I've made healthier versions of banana bread but this one is so moist and so good. Makena, who is my pickiest kid, even ate it. I chopped my nuts in my mini food processor to make sure they were small enough that Makena wouldn't notice them. This is one of the things I've made when I'm told I'm "the best cooker ever!" :)


Ingredients
  • 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
  • 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Directions

Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.


Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche/sour cream, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment